This year, a total of 26,24,681 students have registered for Class 12 exams and 34,04,571 will sit for Class 10 exams
UP Board exams likely to begin from March 16
- Younger IITs record a whooping increase in average salaries this season
- BPS must have representation at policy making for education: NISA
- PGIMER to host ‘Innovation in Biomedical Instruments and Devices’ workshop on Sunday
- J&K government bans teachers from giving private tuitions
- IITians wants to get into IIMs: Google CEO Sundar Pichai is surprised
Due to the assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, the Class 10 and 12 exams of UP Board are likely to start from March 16, as said by officials.
According to the official of the UP Board, “Exams have been pushed ahead of the usual schedule and will be held anytime after March 14, most likely from March 16. Polls will end on March 11 followed by three-day holiday for Holi.”
This year, a total of 26,24,681 students have been registered for Class 12 exams, and 34,04,571 will sit for Class 10 exams.
In 2015-16, around 68,21,869 candidates had appeared for both the Class 10 and Class 12 exams that started from February 18.
About UP board
The Board was set up in the year 1921 in Allahabad by an act of United Provinces Legislative Council. It conducted the first examination in 1923. The Board of High School and Intermediate Education Uttar Pradesh is the Uttar Pradesh state government administered autonomous examining authority for the Class 10 examination (or secondary school level examination) and Class 12 examination (or inter college level examination) of Uttar Pradesh, India.